Who We Are:
Maine Ground Water Association
Meeting Maine's Water Needs
Dedicated to providing quality ground water.
The Maine Groundwater Association's purpose is to assist, promote, encourage and support the interests and welfare of the ground water industry in all of its phases; to foster, aid and promote scientific education, standards, research, and techniques in order to improve methods of water well and monitoring well construction; to promote harmony and cooperation between water well and monitoring well contractors, scientific agencies and regulatory agencies relative to the proper development and protection of ground water; to encourage cooperation of all interested groups relative to the improvement of drilling and pumping equipment; and to advance generally the mutual interest of all those engaged in the ground water industry, in their own and public interest.
1. Power: The Board of Directors shall manage the activities of the Corporation. The Board of Directors shall have control and management of the affairs and business of the Corporation.
2. Number of Directors: The number of Directors shall be at least six but not more than 11.
3. Election and Term of Directors: At each annual meeting Directors shall be elected to said office until the expiration of the term for which he or she is elected and until his or her successor has been elected and qualified, or until his or her prior resignation or removal. The immediate Past President, President, Vice President, Treasurer, and Secretary, by virtue of their election to those positions, shall be members of the Board of Directors. In addition, there shall be elected annually, from the voting membership, three(3) Directors, each to serve a term of two years. The President of the Association shall be the Chairman of the Board of Directors.
How to become a Member:
1. The membership of this organization shall consist Active, Affiliate, Associate and Honorary Members.
2. Active Membership: A person may qualify to become an Active Member by meeting one of the following criteria:
A. Any resident of Maine who has a current State of Maine Master Water Well Drillers license may become an Active Member upon acceptance of an application for membership in this Association and upon payment of required dues.
B. Any resident of Maine who is active in the daily operations of a corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship engaged in the ground water industry in the State, that owns and operates water well drilling equipment, and shows proof of ownership in said corporation, partnership, or sole proprietorship may become an Active Member upon acceptance of an application for membership in this Association and upon payment of required dues, subject to the limitation that only three such owners of stock, or only three members of a partnership, who do not have Master Water Well Drillers licenses, may become Active Members.
3. Affiliate Membership: Any individual whose employment is primarily engaged in the ground water industry in the State of Maine may become an Affiliate Member upon acceptance of an application for membership in this Association and upon payment of required dues. Affiliate Members shall be subject to these By-Laws and shall be entitled to all privileges of this Association except voting and holding office. Affiliate Members may be appointed to and serve on Committees.
4. Associate Member: Any Corporation or Company with an interest in the ground water industry may become an Associate Member upon acceptance of an application for membership in this Association and upon payment of required dues. Associate Member shall be subject to these By-Laws and shall be entitled to privileges of this Association except voting and holding office. Associate Members may be appointed and serve on committees. Any employee of the Associate Member may represent the Associate Member at meetings.
5. Honorary Membership: Persons of acknowledged eminence in the ground water industry in the State of Maine, or those who have contributed a special service to the furtherance of this industry and association, may be elected either Honorary Active Members of Honorary Affiliate Members of this Association. Persons eligible for honorary membership shall be recommended for approval by the Board of Directors and will be accepted upon approval of a majority of the voting members at any regular or special meeting. Honorary members are exempt from association membership fees and shall retain all rights and privileges otherwise afforded their respective general class of membership.
All prospective Active, Affiliate and Associate members shall complete a membership application which shall be reviewed by the Board of Director’s. The Board of Director’s will vote either to accept or deny the application after confirming that the applicant meets the requirements for membership. Honorary Members need not complete a membership application, however, they must be approved by the voting membership.
By-Laws of Maine Groundwater Association